A fascinating journey through nature, adventure and archaeology in Fivizzano
Grotte di Equi Terme, Via Buca, 46, 54013 Equi Terme MS, Italia
The Geo-Archeo-Adventure Park is located in Equi Terme, in the Municipality of Fivizzano. It can be found in the heart of the Apuan Alps Regional Park and is recognized as a Global Geopark by UNESCO.
The Equi Caves Geo-Archeo-Adventure Park offers various activities:
- The fascinating tourist caves feature stalactites, stalagmites, hanging lakes and all forms of concretion. (route 50')
- In the Archaeological Museum and the Prehistoric Tecchia that dates to 40,000 years ago, it's possible to visit excavations and archaeological exhibitions including the remains of the cave's bear. (route 40')
The park also offers Adventure & Outdoor Experiences:
- The Zipline over the Stream is a 200-meter cableway that sends you soaring at the safe height of 20 meters. (route 40')
- The Speleo-Adventure consists of 2 and a half hours in the deep caves where you are guided safely using a harness, helmet and torch along Tibetan bridges and ferrata sections. (route 150')
- The Kids Adventure Park offers fun for children with Tyrolean attractions, ladders, movable bridges, climbing nets, and more.
- The rock climbing gym is set up at the fascinating cliff at the entrance to the caves, where the karst source of the Buca gushes out.
- The ApuanGeoLab, Interactive Museum of Geology and the Apuanum Lapidarium are set up at the Visitor Center of the Apuan Alps Regional Park.
It's also possible to rent pedal assisted e-bikes (electric), or request a guided tour.
The facility is managed by the AlterEco Community Cooperative on behalf of the Municipality of Fivizzano, which provides services with qualified hiking guides and acrobatic instructors.