Discovering an area rich in history where artists and poets, from Ariosto to Pascoli, have found their home
The village of Castelnuovo Garfagnana will be the first stop of our stay. Here we will visit the Fortress of Mont'Alfonso and the Rocca Ariostesca which dominates the center of the village. In the sixteenth century, it hosted for three years the poet Ludovico Ariosto, who at the time of the rule of the Este family had been appointed governor of the province of Garfagnana.
We will then visit Barga, recognized as one of the most beautiful villages in Italy: in the historical center, we will see the Romanesque cathedral dedicated to St. Christopher, the Church of the Crucifix and we can admire the Renaissance palaces and the Theatre of Rassicurati.
During the trip, we will find the thousand-year-old Romanesque parish church of Santa Maria in Barga, known as Pieve di Loppia.
In Castelvecchio Pascoli we will discover, on the Colle di Caprona, the house where the poet Giovanni Pascoli lived and was buried.
And then, to make sure we don't miss anything, we'll move from the stable to the table: we'll visit a dairy with the producer who will open the doors to show us the process of milk processing. We will taste the different cheeses of our own production, accompanied by bread and honey.
Not to be missed is the typical "Garfagnina" dinner with a tasting of the best dishes of the local cuisine.
Prices starting from
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, LU, Italia
From 01 May 2022 to 15 October 2022
- Overnight stay with accommodation in the agreed structure: hotel/agriturismo/b&b/holiday house
- Half board: breakfast and dinner in a restaurant, tavern or hotel
- Lunches as indicated in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Guided tours and excursions, as scheduled in the program
- Tastings, as scheduled in the program
- Entrances, if included in the program
- Train tickets, included in the program
- Fees and service charges
- An assistant/accompanist for the duration of the tour
- Transfers from/to places of residence
- Transfers during the tour
- Transfers to and from train stations
- Meals not mentioned or defined as free
- Optional visits and excursions
- Not specified inputs
- Baggage and medical insurance against cancellation fees
- Optional insurances
- Local tourist taxes, where applicable
- Tips and extras of any kind and personal character
- Anything not expressly mentioned under "Prices include".
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana
Cancellation and no-show policies
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure: 50% refund; no refund for later cancellations.
Garfagnana Experience by I Viaggi di Andrea
Piazza del Duomo, 6/7
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana