Excursion along the river Limentra stream, among "bumps" and small waterfalls!
A wonderful hike with a summer taste, we will go in search of coolness in the magnificent beech forests of Acquerino, along an itinerary that crosses the ancient trans-Apennine roadway destination Badia a Taona village.
We will enter beautiful woods until we arrive at the Rifugio Faggione delle Valli a truly magical place, with the possibility of stopping for lunch at the refuge upon prior reservation.
Then we will descend to the hamlet of Monachino to continue following the course of the Limentra stream among spectacular boreholes, water features and small waterfalls, observing dragonflies, tadpoles and typical aquatic vegetation.
In this proposal we will discover:
- Badia Taona village situated nearby to Abbazia di San Salvatore
- Rifugio Faggione delle Valli and its spectacular hill
- The stream of the Limentra river
- Le Faggete dell’Acquerino
The tour will take place on Saturday 23 July
Prices starting from
Ponte a Rigoli, Sambuca Pistoiese, PT, Italia
Saturday 23 july 2022
- Guiding and assistance from professional hiking and nature interpretive guide, L.R. 86/2016 with RCT insurance
Anything not mentioned in "Prices Include"
- The route has a development of about 16 km, with a total uphill elevation gain of about 580 meters
- Meeting point: Ponte a Rigoli, Sambuca Pistoiese
- Difficulty level: hiking
- Route type: loop scenic and historical interests
- To bring for the walk: snacks, water, walking shoes, comfortable clothes, sunhat, rain gear (depending on weather), small backpack, face mask
- The tour will be carried out upon reaching a minimum of four individual participants or a private group, or - in any case - on request at the minimum quota of four people
- Dogs are allowed
- Optional: lunch stop at Rifugio Faggione to be announced at registration
Cancellation and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and / or alert.
Read the cancellation policieshttps://landscapewalkingtours.com/termini-e-condizioni/
Landscape Walking Tours
Via Tommaso Cortesi, 8
Tel: +39 348/0359096