Discovering the Tuscan landscape and flavors with a visit to the Grotta del Vento, Castelnuovo and Lake Vagli
Two days may seem a few to visit the Garfagnana. But those days will allow you to start to know this land of unspoiled nature and flavors unchanged over time.
We will discover the underground world of the Wind Cave, among the most caves comprehensive in Europe, in the center of the Natural Park of the Apuan Alps. Discover a hidden and fascinating world that presents an extraordinary variety of phenomena.
Comfortable paths will allow you to admire a wonderful underground reality in the light of the spotlights: from stalactites and stalagmites alive and bright to polychrome flows and ponds encrusted with crystals.
In Castelvecchio Pascoli we will visit, on the Colle di Caprona, the house where the poet Giovanni Pascoli lived and was buried.
Finally the village of Castelnuovo Garfagnana we welcome us. Here we will visit Monte Alfonso fortress and the Ariosto fortress that dominates the center of the village. In the sixteenth century, the poet Ludovico Ariosto lived in Castelnuovo for three years, and at the time of the rule of the Este's family, he was appointed governor of the province of Garfagnana.
We will visit Vagli lake, a point of interest in the area, which when drained for maintenance work brings back, as if by magic, the ghostly ruins of a ghost town: the Careggine.
A visit to a dairy is a must, with a typical “Garfagnina” dinner and a tasting of the best dishes of the local cuisine.
Prices starting from
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, LU, Italia
From 01 May 2023 to 15 October 2023
Tel.: +39 0583641006
- Overnight stay with accommodation in the agreed structure: hotel / agritourism / b & b / holiday home
- Half board: breakfast and dinner in a restaurant, tavern or hotel
- The lunches indicated in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Guided tours and excursions, cos ì as envisaged in the program
- Tastings, cos ì as envisaged in the program
- The entrances, if provided for in the program
- Train tickets, foreseen in the program
- Taxes and service rates
- An assistant / companion for the duration of the tour
- Transfers to / from places of residence
- Transfers during the tour
- Transfers to and from railway stations
- Meals not mentioned or defined as free
- Optional visits and excursions
- Unspecified inputs
- Medical and luggage insurance and cancellation penalties
- Optional insurance
- Local tourist taxes, where applicable
- Tips and extras of any kind and of a personal nature
Anything not expressly indicated in the "Prices include" section
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, PIazza del Duomo, 6/7
Cancellation and no-show policies
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure: 50% penalty. Cancellations from 14 days before departure: 100% penalty
Garfagnana Experience by I Viaggi di Andrea
Piazza del Duomo, 6/7
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana