Exciting excursion at the gates of Val Bisenzio, a real journey through time
We will explore the small village of Sant'Ippolito di Vernio in the heart of the Bisenzio Valley having Lago Verde as our next destination. After a stop for ritual photos we will follow the tracks of the woodcutters, crossing ancient ruins until we reach Poggio di Taglianico.
We will continue the trek up and down among the ridges and magnificent centuries-old chestnut forests, admiring their particular conformation in the enchanted atmosphere of early Autumn with its iridescent colors.
Along ancient mule tracks we will first arrive at Croce al Montini, and then walk along its entire ridge suspended like a balcony over the Val Bisenzio, until we return to the starting point of Sant'Ippolito.
A route that will not fail to fascinate even the most demanding hikers.
The highlights we will visit in this proposal:
- The village of St. Hippolytus of Vernio
- Chestnut groves in the Bisenzio Valley
- The Ridge Hills and the old lumberjack mule tracks
- History of the Valley
The tour will take place on Sunday, October 9.
Sant'Ippolito di Vernio, Mercatale-San Quirico, PO, Italia
Sunday 09 october 2022
Tel.: +39 3480359096
- Assistance of environmental hiking guide legally qualified under L.04/2013 and L.R. 86/2016
- RCT Policy
- Note: Does not cover damage from random accidents derived from the only non-exhaustive example, stumbles, slips or falls from overcoming obstacles
- Anything not mentioned under "Prices Include"
- Length: 17 kilometers
- Difference in altitude: 700 positive
- Route type: ring with several detours off the trail
- Beginning: 09:00 am
- The tour will be made upon reaching a minimum of six individual participants or private group, or on request at the minimum quota of the number of six people.
- What to bring: packed lunch, water 1,5 liter per person, hiking boots or trail waterproof mandatory, long pants, clothing layers (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), cap, backpack and phone charger with power bank.
Cancellation and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and/or alerts.
Read the cancellation policieshttps://landscapewalkingtours.com
Landscape Walking Tours
Via Tommaso Cortesi, 8
Tel: +39 348/0359096