To find a Donatello in the countryside is almost a miracle: these are the words of one of the most reliable art historian Tomaso Montanari, referring to the rare possibility of finding a work by the Florentine sculptor Donatello in the countryside. In Torrita di Siena, a village located in the heart of the Valdichiana, it happened.
In the church of Sante Flora e Lucilla, which is located in the very central Piazza Matteotti, there is a lunette made by the artist himself in 1400. It is a treasure of inestimable value, jealously guarded by the community, and which we invite you to admire on our tour.
A qualified guide will accompany you to discover this town rich in history, which was for centuries the bulwark of the Republic of Siena. Furthermore, the guide will reveal to you all the secrets that this lunette by Donatello has been carrying for more than 600 years.
- The tour includes lunch or dinner, with a typical Tuscan menu
- The tour is available for a minimum of 4 participants
Torrita di Siena Living
Via Ottavio Maestri, 22, Torrita di Siena, SI, Italia
From 17 January 2023 to 31 December 2024
Tel.: +39 0578717484
- Guided visit of Torrita di Siena
- Visit of the Lunetta by Donatello
- Typical Tuscan lunch or dinner
Torrita di Siena Living, Via Ottavio Maestri 22
Cancellation and no-show policies
- 100% refund for cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the tour
- Beyond the terms indicated above, there is no refund
Piazza Grande, 7