A beautiful tour around the historic village of San Miniato concurrently with the 51st White Truffle Market Exhibition
We will begin the walk by encountering historic buildings such as the Fortress of Frederick II, the Church of the SS.Crocifisso and the Tower of Matilde, the Oratory of SS Sebastiano and Rocco, and the Church of S. Caterina, after which we will walk along a stretch of the Via Francigena.
Among narrow rural streets, crossing vineyards and fields immersed in the countryside of the hamlets of San Miniato we will reach the spectacular area of the gullies, where we will have the opportunity to converse about the special connection between the territory and the truffle.
We will then continue with an easy trek following the historical itinerary of the "carbonai", important figures of the Tuscan rural civilization. We will cross hills and farms among the history and nature of the place enjoying beautiful panoramic views of the Seminary and the Church of SS Annunziata.
Arriving in the historic center we will visit the 51° White Truffle Exhibition Market, to satisfy our curiosity, going shopping and nonetheless to try the local street food at the conclusion of a beautiful autumn Sunday.
In this proposal we will have the opportunity to visit:
- San Miniato village
- The Via Francigena
- The Sanminiatese countryside
- The Calanques
- Charcoal Burners Trail
- The White Truffle Exhibition
The tour will take place on Sunday, November 27th at 9:00 a.m.
S.Miniato P.Za Dante, 56028 San Miniato PI, Italia
Sunday 27 november 2022
Tel.: +39 3480359096
- Assistance of legally qualified environmental hiking guide in accordance with L. 04/2013 and L.R. 86/2016
- RCT policy: it does not cover casual accident damage derived only as a non-exhaustive example, trips, slips or falls from overcoming obstacles
Anything not mentioned under "Prices Include" section
- Distance: 10 kilometers
- Difficulty: hiking
- Height difference: 300 meters positive
- Trail type: loop, scenic, geological and historical interests
- Dogs allowed: yes, to be communicated at the time of booking to verify the achievement of the maximum number recommended for the hike
- What to bring: packed lunch, snacks, water 1 liter each, packed lunch, hiking or trail shoes mandatory, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), trekking poles (optional), backpack, battery charger
- The hike will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 6 people and a maximum of 25
Cancellation and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and/or alerts
Read the cancellation policieshttps://landscapewalkingtours.com/termini-e-condizioni/
Landscape Walking Tours
Via Tommaso Cortesi, 8