A tour of the city to discover its history and its artistic beauties that have always been linked to music
Music and Giacomo Puccini are two milestones tied to both history and harmony. If you wish to really understand Lucca, you should know that they can also be perceived as two of the fundamental elements generated by a territory rich in history, culture, and tradition.
An attentive and inquisitive visitor should not be surprised to discover how many other great artists have left mementos of their passage through Lucca and how many major events have been held, in the area, up to present day.
Past musicians like Geminiani, Boccherini, Paganini, Catalani and contemporary ones like Chet Baker and The Rolling Stones, to name a few, have all been protagonists in Lucca’s still vibrant musical journey.
Our guided tour consists of a pleasant stroll “andante…. ma con brio”, accompanied by excerpts of the artists’ most significant and famous compositions.
So, in addition to getting to know the history and the main attractions of Lucca, you also will become acquainted with the musicians, listen to anecdotes about their lives and the places in town connected to them, including the Puccini Museum and the theatre, Teatro del Giglio.
- Booking is required (due to the coronavirus emergency)
- Tour fares: € 15.00 per adult - € 5.00 per children aged 10 to 15 (if accompanied by a paying adult)
- The price includes the entrance fee to the Puccini Museum Birth Place Lucca
- Meeting time with the local guide: 10.50 am - start of the guided tour: 11.00 am
- Duration: about 2 hours and 15 minutes
- When: every Saturday from May 08 to October 30
- The tour is bilingual: English/Italian
- Turislucca’s tours are in compliance with government health and safety protocols for Covid-19
Piazza del Giglio, 11B, 55100 Lucca LU, Italia
From 02 April 2022 to 22 October 2022
Tel.: 0583 342404
- Guided tour
- Entrance fee to the Puccini Museum Birth Place Lucca
Garibaldi statue in Piazza del Giglio
Cancellation and no-show policies
Via Ridolfi 43