Discover two ancient underground cellars, walk through tunnels dug into the tuff, under spectacular brick vaults and taste some amazing wine
The historic cellars of Montepulciano, set underneath the buildings dating back to the Tuscan Renaissance, are the core of this tour in the heart of Montepulciano.
Starting from Piazza Grande, you will discover the town's history and the traditions that for centuries have shaped the culture of the area and the Vino Nobile. A guide will lead you inside two underground cellars, and you'll walk through tunnels dug into the tuff and admire spectacular brick vaults.
Here you will find gigantic oak barrels, in which the famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and the Rosso di Montepulciano DOC “rest”. At the end of each visit, you will attend a tasting of the wines with an explanation of their basic characteristics.
You will always remember the authenticity of Montepulciano with this tour.
Piazza Grande, Montepulciano, SI, Italia
From 10 February 2021 to 31 December 2023
- A walking in the historic center of Montepulciano
- Visit to two wine cellars in the center of Montepulciano
- Tasting of Rosso di Montepulciano DOC and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG
Piazza Grande,7 Montepulciano
- Meeting with the guide at Valdichiana Living's office in Piazza Grande, in Montepulciano
- Visit of the first cellar in the historical centre of di Montepulciano and tasting of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG e Rosso di Montepulciano DOC
- Visit of the second cellar in the historical centre of Montepulciano and tasting of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG e Rosso di Montepulciano DOC
Piazza Grande, 7