Two days e-bike itinerary to discover the Romanesque parish churches and the rural landscape of Monte Pisano
This itinerary winds along the slopes of Monte Pisano and takes you to visit some of the most beautiful religious buildings of medieval art in the area, not far from Pisa.
On your bicycle and accompanied by an expert environmental and tourist guide, you will discover the still little-known landscape of rural Tuscany, with pleasant stops along the way to visit local organic farms and taste their products.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Route development: Dirt roads and cycle paths
- Length: About 50km per day
- Total ascent: 670m first day; 360m second day.
- Total time on bikes: 5 hours first day; 4 hours second day (pedaling times)
The indicative return time is intended for the following day.
Prices starting from
Montepisano Store, Largo Percy Bysshe Shelley, San Giuliano Terme, PI, Italia
From 17 August 2021 to 31 December 2023
Tel.: +39 366 6949330
- Environmental cycling guide for the entire duration of the trip
- 1 wine tasting lunch at a farm (drinks included)
- 1 night in a B&B or Agriturismo in a double room with breakfast
- 1 dinner at the host structure (drinks included)
- 1 visit to an organic farm with lunch / tasting of extra virgin olive oil (drinks included)
- 1 introduction to the Romanesque and guided tour of the village of Vicopisano led by an authorized tour guide
- Luggage transport service
- Daily E-bike rental, helmet included € 45.00
- Unscheduled food expenses
- Tourist tax if due
- Extras and tips
- Optional from March to May: "Visit to the Camellias Exhibition"
- Anything not mentioned in "the price includes".
Montepisano Store - San Giuliano Terme (Pi)
- 9.00 am meet your guide who will introduce you the itinerary program and the use of the E-bike. Luggage pick-up and start riding your bike! Along the way from San Giuliano to Gattaiola. Point of interest: parish churches of San Marco in Rigoli and Santa Maria e San Giovanni Battista in Pugnano.
- 11.00am arrival at Gattaiola with a stop at Sant’Andrea Apostolo parish church
- 11.30 am stop at the 'Fratelli Urbani' farm
- 1.30pm back on your e-bike towards the near San Michele Arcangelo parish church, and continue to the Compitese area of Monte Pisano
- 4:30pm arrival at S.Andrea di Compito and on request a guided tour of the Camellietum Compitese. On the way from S. Andrea di Compito to San Ginese you can admire the beautiful San Leonardo in Treponzio parish church.
- 6:30pm check-in at your accommodation.
The second day program is available on the website
Cancellation and no-show policies
Maximum booking limit: 5 days before the date of the event. Deposit of 50% of the total amount upon booking confirmation. Balance due 5 days before the start of the tour. Cancellations: from 15 to 7 days before the start of the tour: 50% penalty; from 6 to 1 day before the tour: penalty of 75% no show or less than 24h before the start of the tour: penalty of 100%.
In the event that the excursion is canceled by the agency due to bad weather conditions, the customer will be fully refunded.
Read the cancellation policieshttps://www.montepisano.travel/en/tour-item/the-romanesque-secrets-by-e-bike/
DMC Montepisano di timesis srl
Largo shelley, 22
San Giuliano Terme