An exciting half-day cave excursion to discover the fascinating underground world, among stalactites and stalagmites
We will go up an underground stream among rooms rich in concretions dating back to millions of years ago. Stalactites and stalagmites, sometimes merged in incredible calcium carbonate columns whose origin date is difficult to imagine, will make the visit a truly unique experience.
We will wear the wetsuits to be able to easily pass under waterfalls, and if desired, we can immerse ourselves in a crystalline underground lake.
For those who want to experience it, it will be also possible to try a short stretch of narrow passages to visit the "room of silence". There, it is possible to try the experience of absolute darkness.
At the end of the excursion, we will have the opportunity to visit the characteristic village of Fornovolasco, set at the feet of the Apuan Alps.
- It is possible to do this excursion on Friday at 15:00, Saturday at 15:00 and Sunday at 15:00
- Type: Speleological itinerary
- Duration: about 3.5/4 hours
- Difficulty: 5 (on a scale of 1 to 12). Pretty simple speleological excursion, with some harder points that do not require specific skills.
- Difference in height: +70/- 70
- Minimum participants: 2
- 24 hours notice required
- Children pay the same price as adults
- If you are a group of at least 6 people, you can choose the date you prefer
Price: 65,00€ per person (minimum 2 people)
Prices starting from
Fornovolasco, LU, Italia
From 01 April 2022 to 31 December 2022
- Environmental Hiking Guide
- Wetsuit and 5mm neoprene boots
- Owned car necessary for the tour movements
- Everything that is not expressly indicated in the "Prices include" section
Necessary clothing not provided:
- Hiking boots or sturdy sports shoes
- extra underwear
Fornovolasco - to reach the places of visit you need your own vehicle
Garfagnana Experience by I Viaggi di Andrea
Piazza del Duomo, 6/7
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana