Excursion along the fifth stage of the path, to going back to the times of Ariosto and Medici
We will cross the urbanized valley and get in touch with the traditions and lands that once were, a real journey through the history of Garfagnana countryside.
We will walk on the route of one of the stages of the Via del Volto Santo ("Holy Visage"), starting from Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, the city of Ariosto.
We will cross the characteristic Monteperpoli and the village of Cascio, where time seems to be stopped.
We will reach Barga going up the fields that surround it, then we will go up to the medieval streets and the majestic Duomo. We'll tell how, at the time of the Medici, this famous Tuscan dynasty changed the face of the territory, giving it a lustre and prestige never more replicated.
Clothing and equipment:
trekking shoes, layered hiking clothing, rain jacket, poles or sticks (optional), daily backpack, packed lunch, drinking water at least 1.5 litres, hat.
Length 22 Km - Difference in altitude: 600mt - Excursion duration: 7h
The excursion is suitable for hikers with minimal physical preparation. The path is always well marked and without technical problems.
- 24 hours notice required
- Children pay like adults
- The price of the excursion decreases as the number of participants increases and, in case, it will be reimbursed to you the greater expense incurred
- If you are part of a group of at least 6 people, you can choose the date you prefer
- Recommended period: March-October
Price: 79,00€ per person (minimum 2 people)
Prices starting from
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, LU, Italia
From 01 March 2022 to 15 October 2022
- Hiking guide during the whole itinerary
- Return to Castelnuovo with transfer
- Everything that is not expressly indicated in the "Prices include" section
Meeting at 09:00 in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana - to reach the starting point you need your own vehicle
Garfagnana Experience by I Viaggi di Andrea
Piazza del Duomo, 6/7
Castelnuovo di Garfagnana