Half-day excursion cycling in the historic center and around the city of Lucca
The city is rich in history and charm, with a territory that reserves pleasant surprises even outside the historic centre. This bike tour is an opportunity to get out of the city to discover and live close to all the natural beauties of the area, and the incredible variety of landscapes.
We cycle on the tree-lined avenues of the Renaissance walls, admiring the city from above. We continue along the cycle path that runs alongside the arches of the early 1800s aqueduct, across large open fields, crossing old barns, an expression of the agricultural Lucca of a bygone era. We ride along all the arches until we reach the slopes of Monte Pisano, from where we can admire the city in the distance and the mountains behind it. Our arrival point is a sort of "kingdom of waters" surrounded by forest: the waters intended to quench the citizens' thirst were drawn and filtered from the underground springs of this place.
A special experience that embraces Lucca and its surrounding environment.
Prices starting from
Via Cesare Battisti, 60, Lucca, LU, Italia
From 01 March 2023 to 25 October 2023
- Bike rental
- English speaking guide
- Coffee/Tea break during the tour
- Transfer to the meeting point
- Anything not mentioned in “Prices Include” section
Via Cesare Battisti, 60 (center of Lucca)
- Meeting in the city center, bicycle rental (if needed) and start of the tour along the city walls
- Path outside the city, along the arches of the Nottolini aqueduct, up to the small temple-cistern of Guamo
- Coffee/tea break along the way
- Visit of the area called "Parole d'oro" where the springs that supplied the structure are located. A sort of "kingdom of waters" surrounded by nature
- Return to the city
Total distance: 14 kilometers / 9 miles
Elevation gain: not relevant
Cancellation and no-show policies
You can cancel free of charge up to 3 days before check-in. After this period, a 100% charge will apply.
Via dei Preti n.2D