Unusual and fascinating itinerary to discover the area surrounding Montecatini Alto
From the valley station of the historic funicular, we will follow an evocative Way of the Cross that will lead us into the heart of the village of Montecatini Alto, perched on a hill above the Val di Nievole.
We will walk through the historic alleys of the village toward the Clock Tower and the Church of Saints Jacopo and Filippo, then visit the Church of St. Peter with the relic of St. Barbara and the permanent nativity scene, and finally the Rocca.
We will then immerse ourselves in the quiet and colors of the late autumn fields and woods among rows of vines and farmhouses until we reach "Poggio alla Guardia", an area that preserves traces of its mining past and wildlife curiosities.
We will then take to the "Ginocchiate di Santa Barbara" and, through wonderful panoramic views of Serravalle and Monsummano Alto, we will end our tour in beauty in Montecatini Terme.
In this proposal we will get to visit:
- The funicular footpath
- The views of the villages of Serravalle Pistoiese and Monsummano Alto
- The village of Montecatini Alto, its monuments and alleys
- The former mine of "Poggio alla Guardia"
- Montecatini Terme
The tour will take place on Saturday, February 4, starting at 9:30 a.m.
Funicolare, Via Giosuè Borsi, Montecatini Terme, PT, Italia
Saturday 04 february 2023
Tel.: +39 348 0359096
- Assistance of legally qualified environmental hiking guide in accordance with L. 04/2013 and L.R. 86/2016
- RCT policy: it does not cover casual accident damage derived only as a non-exhaustive example, trips, slips or falls from overcoming obstacles
Anything not mentioned under "Prices Include" section
Funicular railway station at Montecatini Terme
- Distance: 13 kilometers
- Difficulty: hiking
- Height difference: 500 meters positive
- Trail type: loop, scenic, geological and historical interests
- Dogs allowed: yes, to be communicated at the time of booking to verify the achievement of the maximum number recommended for the hike
- What to bring: packed lunch, snacks, water 1 liter each, packed lunch, hiking or trail shoes mandatory, layered clothing (micro fleece, windproof, shell or k-way), trekking poles (optional), backpack, battery charger
- The hike will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 6 people and a maximum of 25
Cancellation and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and/or alerts
Read the cancellation policieshttps://landscapewalkingtours.com/termini-e-condizioni/
Landscape Walking Tours
Via Tommaso Cortesi, 8