Itinerary to discover the Renaissance fortress that hosts also the Museum of Natural History of Lunigiana
Brunella Fortress is a Renaissance imposing stronghold near the confluence of the River Magra and the Aulella stream, it dominates Aulla historic centre and houses the Museum of Natural History of Lunigiana.
The fortress controlled all the main roads and Apennine passes. Its origins are still mysterious.
Natural History Museum of Lunigiana has four exhibition rooms about naturalistic aspects of Magra river basin; valley floor, hilly, mountain and sub-mountain landscape.
The fortress is open to the public with guided tours by Sigeric environmental guides.
Note and Information:
- It is possible to visit the fortress only with the person, who is in the ticket office. In the opening days of the building each 45 minutes there is a guided tour.
- For the period April – June 2023, the fortress is open to the public on Saturday, Sunday and holidays p.m.
- July - August all the days
- September - October on Saturday, Sunday and holidays p.m.
- Ticket prices: full fare 6 euro; reduced rate 3 euro (over 65, under 18, students, groups with more than 15 people); free for children under 6 years old and residents in Aulla Municipality
- early reservation required
Fortezza della Brunella Museo di Storia Naturale della Lunigiana, Via Brunella, Aulla, MS, Italia
From 11 March 2023 to 31 December 2023
Tel.: +39 3318866241
Guided tour and entrance ticket
Aulla - Fortezza della Brunella
Cancellation and no-show policies
Read the cancellation policieshttps://www.sigeric.it/fortezza-della-brunella/?lang=en
sigeric - società cooperativa
via P. Bologna, 4, 54027 Pontremoli (MS)