A hide among woods and vineyards discovering the heart of Valdisieve, a few kilometers from Florence
From the Medici bridge over the Sieve river, we will set out to discover the heart of the Valdisieve, an area made up of geometric sun-drenched vineyards dominated by wooded and imposing reliefs, while medieval castles and guards remind us of the strategic importance of the area.
We will admire the river scenery of the Sieve (an ancient saying state that "Arno doesn't grow if Sieve doesn't flow") before entering the beautiful oak groves of Selvapiana, a true forest path that will lead us to the picturesque San Martino in Bibbiano.
Incredible vineyard views will accompany us to Nipozzano Castle, an ancient stronghold attested to the Counts Guidi and since the year 1000 a defense of Florence, the heart of Chianti Rufina and the most famous property of the Frescobaldi family. How can we not deepen our knowledge of it with an optional tasting?
After stopping and admiring so much beauty from the panoramic terrace of the Castle, we will be ready to conclude this exciting journey immersed in its enchanting scenery.
In this proposal we will have the opportunity to visit:
- The Medicean bridge and the Sieve
- The woods of Selvapiana
- The vineyards of Chianti Rufina
- The Castle of Nipozzano (with optional tasting)
The tour will take place on Sunday, March 12, starting at 9:00 am.
Prices starting from
Via Ghiberti, Pontassieve, FI, Italia
Sunday 12 march 2023
Tel.: +39 348 0359096
- Organization of the walking tour
- Assistance of legally licensed environmental hiking guide under L.R. 86/2016
- RCT policy: does not cover damage from random accidents derived only as a non-exhaustive example, trip, slip or fall from overcoming obstacles
Anything not mentioned under "Prices include"
Via Ghiberti, Pontassieve
- Length: 15 kilometers
- Difficulty: hiking
- Elevation gain: 400 meters positive
- Trail type: loop, historical, scenic interests
- Dogs allowed: yes, to be communicated at the time of booking to verify that the maximum number recommended for the hike has been reached
- What to bring: packed lunch, snacks, water 1 liter each, packed lunch, hiking or trail shoes mandatory, layered clothing (microfleece, windproof, shell or k-way), trekking poles (optional), backpack, battery charger
- The hike will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 25
Cancellation and no-show policies
The guide reserves the right to make changes to the hike to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the hike in case of bad weather and/or alertness
Read the cancellation policieshttps://landscapewalkingtours.com/termini-e-condizioni/
Landscape Walking Tours
Via Tommaso Cortesi, 8